Friday, April 8, 2011

The project

I will use a poem, “The Butterfly,” which describes my friend, for my project. “The Butterfly” is my poem. I lost my good friend when I was 25 years old. She had very pretty eyes and mind. My friend and I met in the middle school. We both had pernicious anemia. We needed a lot of money to treat our disease. Luckily, I could treat my disease, but her life environment was not good. Her parents did their best. For my friend to live for 25 years, her parents had to sell their house. However, her family members and I believed that she was treated and getting healthy. My friend had a dream, which was to be a make-up artist. She had always worked hard and kept her beautiful smile even in her poor condition. When she was 25 years old, her dream came true. I also could help my friend, because I was an advertising designer at that time. I could introduce many models to my friend. The opening party of her make-up office was delightful. I cannot forget my friend’s beautiful eyes, which were brimming with tears, and her gorgeous appearance. After six months, my friend was gone. I could not say good-bye to my friend because I was on a business trip. When I stayed in Alberta, Canada, two years ago, I held a solo art exhibition with stories such as poems and essays for Fund Raising of the Edmonton Korean Library. At that time, I recalled the memory that my friend and I never gave up our dream, and I wrote this poem. I will use my photos, drawings, and butterflies images to create my memory.

“The Butterfly”

Where she is, I wonder
She was always shining bright
In her day, young and gorgeous
Where she is, I wonder
She was always flying over
Hill of spring, freely all the way
Without folding her wings at all

Idea sites :
Mirror by Sylvia Plath

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEHcyqNEVDw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PABw54B0vVE&feature=related

edge by Sylvia Plath
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR7Ql3A9_3I

Insommac by Sylvia Plath
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdeTdirFUos

No comments:

Post a Comment