Tuesday, April 19, 2011

3 New Artists

David D'Andrade - This artist does a lot of digital work which I found to be interesting. I chose this piece because it has a lot of texture and I plan to incorporate textures into my project.
Bart Vargas - This work does not directly correlate to my upcoming project but I chose Vargas because I thought his work along with the titles of his work were interesting. This piece is called Information Bomb. He uses waste from computers and makes them into other things- there is also a piece that is made out of wires and keys into a bird nest. I believe that he is making a statement about our culture through his work.
Tim Clorius - I chose this artist because he uses a lot of color and shape successfully, which I hope to do in my memory project. His work also has a collage-y feel to it, and being that we are starting from a blank page, it was helpful to look at to see where I should be aiming to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment