Thursday, January 27, 2011



I like Audrey Kawasaki's site because it's very much about the material she paints on.. it's presented much like another piece of her work. Although she's very different than Esao, I like her work for the same reasons.. her high level of detail and line quality. I also like how she has both highly rendered and very minimalistic areas, while still allowing the wood grain to show through.








I've followed Esao Andrews for a long time. I've always been attracted to his attention to detail and grittiness. Over the last year or so, hi work's become notably more mature, with more continuity of color usage throughout. His website has been recently updated, and is very clean and functional.








I really like the very graphic look of Tomer Hanuka's work, and well as the hand-tool process that goes into a digital looking final piece. I'm also drawn to his use of color in that things are rarely the color that they "should" be. His website is very similar to Audrey Kawasaki's in both clean layout and functionality.

No comments:

Post a Comment